Sunday, December 19, 2004

 

Wrote another essay over the last 24 hours.

    It's listed over there in the links for Essaying the Situation or you can access it by clicking through the first word in this sentence. The style is a bit dense. I wrote it quickly. The idea came to me yesterday. I've been working on it mentally almost constantly but didn't have time yesterday or today to write it. I'll probably edit it when I have a moment. Some of the sentences are so long and convoluted they are close to rivaling Ayn Rand's sentences. It has its moments and I'm pleased to notice, as I mentioned to a friend earlier today, that within the collection of essays it could establish me as the Andy Rooney of caregivers. It's readable at this point and flows pretty well but it needs some technical work. The content, though, will remain as it is.
    Mom took a loooong nap, today; started early and slept late. She may have been overwhelmed with the array of plans with which I excitedly presented her when I awoke her: Fixing her hair, making cards to send to family, expecting her supervision while I clean out the lower food cupboards (we did the upper spice cupboards yesterday evening), a short exercise session...ultimately, none of these were pursued except fixing her hair. I have to watch my displays of energy around her and their timing; sometimes they overwhelm her right to bed. Her nap, though, gave me a chance to work on and finish my essay. Although sleep probably isn't the best thing for her right now, today I took advantage of her desire for it.
    Contentment is still relaxing me. I'm feeling unusually good for long periods of time. No, I'm not considering changing my approach (rather, I suppose, my non-approach) to the holidays. I think the primary reason I'm feeling so good is because of my approach. Feels good to take a little more care of myself than I usually do, for a change.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?