Friday, November 26, 2004

 

Aside from everything else, I did what I wanted to do today...

...which was write the essay mentioned in the last post hurriedly between duties. If you're interested, it's entitled I Can't Get It for You Wholesale. You can reach it by clicking on the aforementioned title or navigating from the Links section to the right.
    Yes, it's been mostly a duties day today. Mom's been very animated and governed by a surge of energy despite her late arising and her nap. She was down for so short a time this afternoon that I don't think she napped, just relaxed long enough to trigger a bowel movement. As well, ham transcends short term memory loss. I've had to keep an eagle eye on her to make sure she doesn't munch ham all day. Last night as I separated, bagged and froze most of what was left (which was quite a bit; the smallest I was able to obtain at such short notice was an 8.5 pounder and I think we ate maybe .75 of a pound) and packaged and secreted enough for today's meals in the refrigerated section I was sure that while she may pick from the little I left unfrozen she'd never go scouting through the freezer for ham. I was wrong. The freezer was the first place she looked (that's long term memory for you). About an hour after breakfast while I was wiping down her bed with alcohol, turning the fan on it and making it she found a package of ham in the freezer (hadn't even bothered to look for the refrigerated portion), transferred it to the counter and, as I entered the kitchen, she was hacking away at the contents with a butter knife and fork. I was relieved when she decided to nap and sorry when it turned out to be a "nap sprint" to the bathroom.
    Mom wants to see The Terminal again tonight. She mentioned it without prompting, referring to it as, "...that movie we saw last night about the man who had a speech impediment." I'm not sure whether I'll watch the movie or steal some time for my project while keeping an eye on her. I'll wait to see whether she's watching the movie in order to absorb it or discuss it. Sometimes her requests for second viewings are primarily for discussion purposes.
    My Month of Me is drawing to a close. Even though it's been difficult during this last week or so to scavenge adequate time for my project, I'm not at all displeased with my progress. When I can I've been working like hellfire. Whether writing or sorting and mulling, I've already accomplished much more than I expected. I'm sorry to see the time come to an end but I now know that the project won't be left behind.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?