Monday, October 18, 2004

 

It's cold and cloudy today.

    Although The Weather Channel is, as I write, pegging the current local temperature at 51, the thermometer posted outside our home at the coldest corner is showing 40. I was just outside retracking a screen door at the north side of our house. At our out-of-town elevation, t's considerably colder than 51.
    Yesterday ended a four day visit from MPS and her daughter. I'll write more about that later. Right now, I just want to restart my posting self. It's been awhile since I've posted regularly; over a month, I believe, since I've done anything with stats, both testing/food stats or exercise stats. I've been taking fairly regular testing stats, but the exercise sessions have gone by the wayside, for awhile, although an event on Saturday evening which I'll describe later alleviated some personal guilt in this area. We need to get back on track, though, of this I'm sure. Today will probably be an Ease Into It day because, although my mother didn't find it necessary to spend any more than a couple of hours recovering from the visit (which was an excellent visit but, in our household, all visits require recovery of some type), I'm still a little on edge and am needing a bit more time to wind down. Posting, today, I think, will help.
    No eggnog, yet, much to my dismay. I'm hoping someone will have it before my birthday on Halloween.
    I think it's going to be pretty much a stay at home day. The gray light may send Mom back to bed for several naps (once I rouse her, which will happen immediately after I post). I'm not going to fight this. I need some alone time, and I'm going to go ahead and take it.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?