Friday, September 10, 2004

 

Well, I'm almost all caught up...

...and, I've developed a cold. I've been up and down throughout the day; officially, if you count that I went back to bed at 0630, I've had two naps. I awoke from the second one in a sweat, so I must have had a fever.
    In case you're wondering, I don't worry about being sick around my mother. There may be some things at which her body isn't very good anymore, like making hemoglobin and absorbing insulin, but her immune system is a thing of beauty and all the major organ systems work, including her skin. Hallelujah. If she begins to break down physically before she dies I have no idea how I will react. I'm sure I won't recognize it at first but it probably won't take long. I've wondered over the past year if specific, relatively long lasting periods of weakness she's had have been precursors to her body finally saying, "You know what, Mary Lois? You're going to have to go on without me." So far, they haven't been.
    By the way I was notified by the commenter in the post immediately previous that the link to Shenar's Adventures was broken. It's fixed. I misspelled one of the words in the address. Good thing, too, because I decided to upload it in case anyone is curious about it. It's soft to medium core erotica with story. Some of it's very good. Some of it is so-so. There was supposed to be a tying-together-of-lose-ends story line but I'm not sure where that went. I've been thinking over the last few days that I've got some stories rarin' to be writ for that site and it would help motivate me to reload the original site, embarrass myself and replace it with something better if I can find the time.
    The commentator's blog, by the way, is really interesting. Different, in the way that mine is different. If you visit here because you like reading what I write then you'll probably like his, too, brainhell.
    I wish I had more time to read blogs. I rarely read any others besides my own and then only the blogs of my commentators, all of which have been interesting. After a thorough scan I bookmark them but I don't seem to get back to them. I am demonized (or seduced) by the isolation of what I'm doing with my mother, what I'm doing with it in these journals and my propensity toward isolation. A three way strike out when it comes to being a participatory member in the blogging community. I feel bad about this. I have fond alternative feelings toward my fellow invisible bloggers of all stripes. But "time, time, time, see what's become of me?" Is that how it goes? Maybe there's a Freudian slip in there.
    What a day it's been. Mom stayed up fairly long considering how wiped out she seems. Maybe I'm being too easy on her but it's easy to be easy when I'm feeling, well, not up to par physically. I don't get sick or injured often so she enjoys it when I'm out of commission.
    It looks as though the rest of this month (all of it, actually) is a "No Excuses" month. By the end of tomorrow we will have a climate controlled shed and the boxes still in the truck bed will be in that shed. A lot of the stuff in the Mesa home will be going to Good Will or whatever, you know, Salvation Army, St. Vincent de Paul's, whomever can perform pick-ups before 9/30/04. I don't care. There's an antique TV, circa 1973, in one of those sturdy, custom wood cabinets, totally not cable capable, over which a collector would probably salivate but I don't have time to ebay. The tube's going but I think it can be fixed. We'll probably have, finally, two refrigerators for Good Will, if I don't have time to scrounge a buyer for this one...I find myself going over and over these things in my head constantly. It's refreshing. I can feel myself relaxing, spreading out, feeling as though there will be some more room for me in this shared life, now.
    All med and meal stats are caught up. All exercise sessions are caught up. I considered publishing in the exercise section something about her walkering lately except that there is nothing noteworthy to say. She needs to be working this out with someone besides me, and, maybe, with a different type of walker.
    The cat's cradling on top of the cable box and the cow's, well, we don't have a cow. Maybe I'll start the food section of this web I'm weaving on The Web, tonight. Then again, maybe I won't. I should go over and take a look at Shenar's Adventures. I uploaded it while I was doing some chores and checked to see if anything's broken.
    Later, although I don't know how much later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?