Monday, September 6, 2004

 

Well damn and damn again...

...after expecting to spend some wee hours catching up here besides the meal stats I just updated and after guzzling a cup of coffee for some extra zip, I'm tired. Maybe the last few days are beginning to catch up with me. Anyway, folks, I'm going to bed. I think I'll fill in the details about the incident at the grocery tomorrow. Maybe I'll arise early. Maybe I won't. Who knows. All I know is that I can, suddenly, barely keep my eyes open and can't wait to snug into my down and drift into sleep. I did polish the hydration essay but was too tired to proofread it one more time so I'll do that tomorrow and publish it. That one isn't really extemporaneous in part because I wrote it before, here, and lost it and in part because it's an issue that I spend a lot of time thinking about, thus spent a lot of casual mental time polishing even before I rewrote it.
    Our nights are beginning to reflect fall...temperatures dropping into the low 50's or high 40's, perfect sleeping-with-the-windows-and-doors-open weather. Mmmmm...well, I'm off to dreamland with The Girls.
    Oh. For my reference: Mom had a bowel movement today; seems like her new schedule is every other day, which is fine. She knew before her bowels moved that she'd be having one, which is good. Because of her UTI's I've been insisting on cleaning her afterward. Today I was just a touch late on the uptake and she'd already begun to wipe herself. Sure enough, when I cleaned her, I discovered she'd tracked fecal matter the entire length of her uro-genital area. I'm not sure how I'm going to continue to handle this. Too bad there isn't some type of protective outer urinary-labial condom that allows for urination for Ancient Women to keep this from happening. It occurred to me today that she may have contracted a vaginal "trich" infection, so I'd better see if I can get a referral from her PCP for a gynecologist (or, maybe he does this, seeing as how he's an internist) and have her checked. Her regular gynecologist died about a year and a half ago from, you guessed it, uterine cancer. Doesn't it figure. Or, if her PCP doesn't do this I'll take her to Planned Parenthood up here. We'll have to cross the ever present right-wing Christian picket line but Mom will probably consider that exciting and it won't bother me. The women have been hanging out there so long (a couple of years, now) that they tend to plod weary as though they wished that more liberal women would have abortions so there'd be fewer liberal people, thus less need to protest liberal policies.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?