Sunday, September 19, 2004

 

We didn't make it down the mountain, today.

    It rained and blew all night, rained and blew all morning. It's blowing now and threatening more rain. Although I was more than up for the trip Mom was not and I understand her discomfort with traveling in wet weather. So she's doing what she loves to do during rainy days, nap. I'm doing what I love to do on rainy days, absorbing the atmosphere, drinking an especially decadent cup of the hot cocoa I talked about in my first post for my food-and-Mom-and-me-I-guess journal and settling down to watch Kenneth Branagh's 1995 movie production of Othello with Laurence Fishburne. I consider myself lucky that it's on today. I've been wanting to see it for awhile and this is the perfect day for it. The cocoa is perfectly for this afternoon; made with Millstone's Chocolate Velvet Coffee and generous splashes of Raspberry di Amore and Chambord liqueurs. I'm set. My mother's set. Relax today, act tomorrow.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?