Monday, September 20, 2004

 

We are not in Mesa, again, today.

    I awoke in the middle of the night having an anxiety attack over what to do with the stuff we need to dump but that I can't transport by myself. I decided that I would devote the morning to figuring out how to get rid of it. I'd assumed that there would be some sort of charity in the Phoenix metroplex that has a repair workshop for such items. I believe one used to exist but I had no luck finding it. I also thought it would be really easy to find someone to help me transport this stuff to the dump since it seems this will now be necessary. No such luck. Everyone casual is bound up with duties. Much to my surprise, there is only one professional in the area who does this, the City. It took me awhile to discover this as it's not something that is advertised and I recall, during previous moves, the most recent one in 1997 when we moved half our stuff to this house, calling the City and being told that they do not provide this service; they provide the dump but not the transportation. Well, apparently they do now provide pick-up and transport for a reasonable fee. It took me most of the morning (around getting my mother up and moving) to discover this. I'm definitely relieved.
    Other than this it's a quiet day. We've had an exercise session which I've not entered. There are stats for breakfast but not for lunch since Mom ate very light, snacked, really, so I forgot to do stats. I tend to do that when preparations aren't labor intensive. I'll post all stats and sessions later, probably late tonight.
    Later today we'll know when the movers can schedule themselves. It will probably be this weekend, thank the gods. "We don't usually do this," the rep said, "but considering what's involved it would be to our advantage to do it on a weekend." Good. It would be to our advantage, too.
    Until September 30 I expect I'll be hanging out in move mode, which tends to turn my attention away from deep thought about Mom & Me. Probably just as well. I could use a vacation, even as I relish my ability to consider our situation at a deep level.
    Not sure when, but later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?