Tuesday, September 14, 2004

 

So, yes. Wow. It's all happening...

...just like the "prophets" said. Weird. Once again, that damned horoscope caught my eye this morning as I was awakening into the day:
The fast paced frenzy of the day is just what you need to jump-start your brain and get it moving in the right direction. Take control of the fire within and do what you can to keep it going strong throughout the day. You will find that there is a more personal aspect to your thoughts, and that you can think more rationally about your emotions. Your heart and your head are able to work well together.
    This is exactly how my day has been. It's been my first official Get It All Together and Make It Happen day since the sale process began. Now, long before the day is over, everything is set in motion, very reasonably, only a few more appointments and schedulings need to happen, most of which can be done by phone. Wow.
    The "move" (which is to say, "the end of an era") is now a reality to Mom most of the time. She awoke this morning wrinkled with concern and began firing questions at me before she was on her elbows about "the sale of the house in Mesa". She knows what's going on, now, somewhere in there, even though later today she claimed that I'd never told her of it.
    She's doing a little of the "tough it out" routine. What was the angle she stated today? Oh, yeah: "Time to make new memories in a new place."
    I gently reminded her that we have many old memories in this place in Prescott and we aren't abandoning Mesa, just the two home lifestyle. Consolidate. She likes this word so I use it a lot. Consolidating resources. That's what we're doing, I remind her.
    I have much more confidence handling her business now than I did a few years ago. Stumbling around in the ring with doctors on behalf of someone's life will do that to you. I'm not ducking or weaving over this matter and I'm not getting queasy about this being a real estate (so to speak) deal. Knowing one has Durable Power of Attorney will do that to you.
    Now that this consolidation is truly simplifying her business I'm looking forward to getting a handle on all her business. Man, it's amazing to me how internally widespread is the relief I'm feeling over this sale. It doesn't even seem rushed. As far as I'm concerned everything is still moving in syrup time. This must be what is meant by "...the land of milk and honey...". It isn't, maybe, a place, it is a state of being in a place. Hmmm.
    I'm not sure if I'll post much more tonight, although I'll probably keep stats up. Oh, and I posted a small thing on =>Moving =>Mom about the walkering she did today, since that journal isn't just about therapy exercises, its about, well, moving Mom.
    So, anyway, much is happening and I have much to do and I am energized and encouraged.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?