Monday, September 13, 2004

 

So, yes, we had a therapy exercise session today and...

...it was such a good surprise that I feel like promoting it with a link to it.
    She clearly was not interested when I announced the session. She thought I was "just suggesting" it. Nope. It was the real deal. Fuck, I'd been feeling shot anyway and had been doing a whole bunch of stuff, including taking a morning nap to settle yet another fever, so I wasn't about to take no for an answer. I'm glad I didn't. She's beginning to get it! Don't ever underestimate the effect that a resilient spirit has an on Ancient body.
    Whenever her lethargy argues that she'll be all right if she doesn't move and sleeps a lot, I remind her that she hasn't been all right, remind her of her hospital and skill nursing facility stays which, while beneficial, weren't her idea of fun.
    She comes to and mutters the best I'll ever get out of her, "I suppose you're right."
    Otherwise, things are happening as if through syrup and I don't mind. I'm sure that when I need items or ideas on behalf of this final consolidation they'll arrive.
The moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred...unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.--Goethe
    I'm a little surprised at this cold. I can't believe it's hanging on and continuing to do damage. It's very weird. Maybe I need to stop drinking coffee all day long. Maybe that'll help. I'll sleep even more than I have been, though. Who knows what mischief my mother might invent when I'm sleeping, who knows how many bottles of mustard or pieces of toast with butter and raspberry preserves she'll eat?!?
    She makes fun of my vigilance but it allows her to feel safe enough to make fun of me. I am honored that I can do this for her.
    So, anyway, I've got a few more papers to go through, a few more calls to make, mostly to pay bills over the phone. My mother will soon be up for dinner. I've got a full evening ahead.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?