Monday, September 6, 2004

 

New Blood Test Results...

...at Blood Test Draw Date: 9/2/04. Her hemoglobin is low (lower than I was hoping; I expected the results to be in the 10s), but stable. Reminds me of that medical article I read a while back that suggested that it may be "normal" for some Ancient Ones to run iron deficiently anemic, which would mean that what would be low for most of the population would be normal for those Ancient Ones. Unfortunately, enough data doesn't yet exist to make this absolute determination. My mother's and our generation will probably shake this one out.
    This time I included reference ranges for both Mesa and Prescott if available. Only one result came out normal here (although reference ranges weren't given for this area) and high in Mesa, the Monocytes result (Mono %). There is also a urinalysis with curious results which I'll be entering later. At the top of the page of the blood test is a short list of results which haven't yet been calculated. There is also a note under the Folate Serum result that explains that "Folic Acid Levels May be Appreciably Increased by Recent Food Intake" which I didn't include because her Folate levels are usually high due to the fact that she takes a folic acid supplement.
    At any rate, I'm not worried. She's doing well from my point of view, better than she has in a long time despite her anemia and her UTI.
    Mom is still sleeping, which is okay with me, since I have a short errand to run. I'm assuming she'll still be asleep when I return. As well, today is my last personal "holiday", so I'm not going to keep her from sleeping. I think she'll be okay with some extra hours under her belt. We didn't do her therapy exercises yesterday (mainly because I exhausted her with the walkering) but we'll be doing those today. Hopefully, I'll be able to keep up on all stats and upload the hydration essay today. Then again...I'll see where the day takes us.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?