Wednesday, September 15, 2004

 

Much to report, I'm very tired...

...so I don't know how much further I'll get than reminders to myself. But, here goes. A very early start to a very busy day. Interesting stats this morning, considering that I forgot to administer Mom's medication last night. Even more interesting this evening, after a hearty and curious choice of meal in a restaurant. I'll probably write about that under the food part of this or the daily tests and meds.
    As far as the rest of the day is concerned, probably an excerpt from an e I just sent to a friend would suffice until I can explain further. An unexpected day, to say the least.

sent today at 2136
    Anyway, I thought you might want to know that the sale is proceeding more or less as planned. No real hitches. I haven't yet located the titles and, stupid me, I thought the copies were the titles. The moving out of the stuff is weird, incredibly dirty work. I've found a mover for the really heavy stuff and a few bizarre tasks involving a county dump, I don't care which county, and I think I drove a good bargain. It's two guys, a truck and 8 hours, anything goes. By the day they kick in I will have done decades of hours of work and load transfer on my own.
    Mom continues to go in and out of sale mode. She usually goes out of sale mode in front of someone else, which is unfortunate because we've been surrounded by the buyers since they proposed and we accepted the offer. Thank the gods everyone knows I have DPOA, so everything will eventually be fine. It's like, Mom'll 'wake up', find herself in the middle of the sale of the home and get this "What the fuck?!?" look on her face. Everyone rolls their eyes and it gets a little weird but not so weird that she doesn't somehow phase back in at the right time for her dignity to be preserved. Gotta love that in a person.
    We spent the day in Mesa and got a lot less done and learned some minor discouraging stuff today but went up the mountain with a truck load of boxes. I shudder to think what might be going on in those boxes in the shed as we speak.


    I'm very, very tired, so I think I'll report no more until...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?