Sunday, September 5, 2004

 

Late night = Late Morning

    I awoke at a little before 1000. On a hunch, considering that she went to bed significantly earlier than me last night, I peaked into Mom's room even before I hit the bathroom and she was on her elbows, bright-eyed. So our day began. I went into mine without coffee. I'm not sure whether it had an effect, but today was a "good cop/bad cop" day, me playing both roles, Mom and a strange woman at the grocery as the recipients. I know better than to do this: To, you know, luxuriate into the wee hours, as I love to do, and then expect mornings to be easy. Oh well, I hear I'm human after all, despite what the woman at the grocery thought, so I guess it's okay.
    Mom did get some walkering in today. We had to make emergency trips to three stores to pick up supplies of which I hadn't been keeping track, not the least of which were paper underwear, vegetables and aloe vera gel, each at a different store. At first Mom didn't want to go. When the trip appeared to involve only one store fairly close I decided to allow her to stay as long as she promised not to nap and not to eat (she's back on antibiotics and we needed a clear 2 hours without food to make sure the pill works well). When I realized that the trip was going to involve three stores I overruled both of us. It was an interesting trip. I'm sure I'll write about it later, especially since I still have a bug up my ass about The Strange Woman at the Grocery incident.
    That's not really why I'm here at this time, though. I wanted to mention that I've begun the therapy exercise journal, =>Moving =>Mom. Some of you might find it interesting; most of you will probably find it about as interesting as you find Mom's Daily Tests and Meds (which I need and plan to update this evening; yes, I expect it to be another glorious late night, again, and I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow). It is another of those journals that is primarily for me, so I can keep orderly, reliable track of what she's doing in the way of movement. I particularly like and am proud of the layout. I had to tweak the template more than usual and enjoyed hours of fun, as well as sharpening my grasp of CSS and XML.
    Although I'm not typically a "missing" kind of girl, I miss being able to have long periods of time at my disposal to play around like this on the computer, especially since I am always thinking of things I want to do and have a long, long list of backed up plans and projects. I've been cheating a little this weekend, taking it for my own holiday even as I tend to Mom, rearranging my hours, doing my own stuff whether Mom's awake or asleep and not worrying if she "over"-sleeps. She's napping right now in fact, but some of that is probably her sleeping off this "good cop/bad cop" day into which I drew her.
    Funny that I'm having such trouble getting the food journal started. I thought about it a bit last night and decided it's because all the other specific journals involve recording precise "measurements", so to speak, and this one is pretty much seat of the pants, but the food journal is going to be, well, much the way I cook, which the graphic I drew for Playing With Food pretty much describes: throwing foodstuffs into the air and seeing how many I can catch and where the rest land. It's harder to write about that, especially since it involves throwing food at my mother. I will get that started soon, but I want to add at least one other essay to the new essay journal and well, there's always something.
    I didn't get the banana bread made yesterday. Maybe tomorrow. Didn't sort through the mail, either. Maybe tomorrow. This evening I'm mainly grabbing at the computer in an effort to restore myself.
    We're having chicken pot pie tonight, courtesy of Costco. Mom's dangerous in that place. She hung out and drooled over the prepared meal section until I agreed to take home one item for dinner tonight. That's the one she chose. I can smell it baking. It's got another half hour to go. This might be a good time to wake up The Mom, get The Girls moving, and do the evening.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?