Saturday, September 18, 2004

 

I just published a spectacular post...

...over at =>Moving =>Mom regarding Mom's walkering today. The link will take you right to it. The best part of today's walkering is that Mom does not consider the trip spectacular but for a couple of reasons it was. If you're curious, click the link.
    Not much to report, at the moment. It's been a good day, started early, Mom's napping now and I'm getting things together for our trip to Mesa tomorrow. It's supposed to rain both here and there so it should be a good trip. This is our second packing out trip and it's going to be a long one. Tomorrow I continue to pack out even if we run out of car space. We can make transport loads later.
    It continues to feel as though time is stretching out for me. I don't feel pressured even though the home will no longer be ours in less than 2 weeks. Everything is falling into place, everything is being accomplished on a flexible on-time schedule, I'm feeling more and more relaxed and relieved as the time draws near for us to bid that home farewell. Mom is no longer grieving the loss of the home in Mesa. Her brow crinkles a bit when she talks about it but she's not looking frantic around the edges anymore. I'm sure many times in the next several months I'll need to remind her that we no longer own a home there. I'm just as sure that each time I remind her she will buy yet another ticket on The Little Engine that Could and go with the flow. I know that the relief I'm feeling is having a positive effect on her. That, in itself, helps her work out the loss without losing anything.
    Her homes have always been chosen by someone else. Once in awhile if selection involved a buy she's had input into a decision but overall where she's lived has been out of her hands. In a sense, this is happening again, now, as she would prefer to keep both homes. This time, though, the home and the community we are retaining are her selection and bought against my better judgment and counsel. Even though it's hard for me to forget her complaining months ago that she's never lived in the home of her dreams (which is still true), this time she's living exclusively in a home she chose by herself. I think this makes a difference.
    I'll probably report stats once more today. Not sure if I'll do any more reporting. We'll probably just hang out and have a great evening together...maybe, if I can talk her into it, even do her exercises. Then again...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?