Sunday, August 22, 2004

 

Well, goodness! Home Health Care contacted me!

    Today! On a Sunday! I'm impressed! The guy who called will show up tomorrow between 1045 and 1100 for an evaluation visit of an hour or so. Then, I guess, therapy will be scheduled and begin. In earnest, I hope.
    He asked me to have all Mom's medications gathered together so he could record them but, you know me, I've got all that information at the tip of my webbed fingers so I've prepared a complete medication/supplement list and schedule, a recent physical history of my mother as I believe it would relate to therapy, a list of what I think are reasonable goals for therapy and a list of miscellaneous items I think he should know about my mother and me including the existence of this collection of web sites. He'll probably be shocked. I hope he's pleasantly shocked.
    My mother had a good day from beginning to end. I need to hit the sack so I'll record her dinner stats tomorrow but suffice it to say, they were good, dinner was Cobb salad, one of her favorites, she's on oxygen in bed, 1/lpm, but was off it most of the day except for our outing. Her skin, which was parched from lack of daily, intense attention at the SNF, is on its way back to normal. I've been wrapping her legs and arms in warm, wet towels for a few minutes before applying lotion in order to bring it back to normal from its current scaly, flaking condition.
    Ahh, the dryer just ended its first cycle. Time for me to restart it, cycle up the dishwasher and go to bed.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?