Sunday, August 15, 2004

 

Oh, I forgot to mention...

...yesterday I obtained the pending results for Mom's BMP from the blood draw taken on 8/12/04. It was these results that caused the SNF to decide that she is now dehydrating and should be taken off fluid restriction. The specific indicators are her BUN and BUN/Creatinine ratio, which are quite high, although, in fairness, not as high as they were on 8/9/04. So, as it turns out, these high readings were not, as the medical director of the facility told me (and which I recorded in an earlier post), due to her draw being left to sit before being analyzed.
    These readings have come down about 10 points apiece since having been taken on 8/9/04. They are still serious, though, and so is her dehydration. Hydration is not an easy issue to work on with Ancient Ones, especially when medical personnel are involved in the mix.
    I think this issue deserves an off the cuff essay like the one I wrote earlier in a post which disappeared when I attempted to publish it and never got around to rewriting, which I'll probably produce over the next few days and enter into the new off-the-cuff essay section.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?