Sunday, August 22, 2004

 

I'm statting, again.

    As of today. I caught up on today's meals and meds. I also included a rundown of her new med schedule. I did not, within the rundown, address her insulin coverage. For the time being I'm going to follow the 3 neurologists' directions and not administer insulin unless her blood glucose goes over 200. It went pretty high between breakfast and lunch today because, on her own, she settled herself at the Cheetos sampling table at Costco and downed several sample cups before I discovered her whereabouts. She only soared to 173, though. Although I picked up the insulin, today I didn't administer any even though the SNF recommended and followed insulin administration from 151 on.
    We've got an issue to work on regarding her walkering. She walkered a lot today of her own accord. This wasn't a problem. The problem was that she is having trouble remembering to stay close to her walker unless I constantly remind her, half-minute by half-minute. This caused some discomfort in her lower back. I decided that tomorrow we're going to practice walkering very slowly, step by step, working on developing her the habit of staying close to the walker.
    Other than this, things are going well. She's napping, now, and asked me to awaken her "between 1700 and 1730", which means 1730. I will. She's eating good, drinking well completely on her own, and continuing very good bladder control. I am anticipating that the only time she'll need to wear more than one pair of paper underwear at a time is when she's sleeping. As well, it's possible that we'll be able to go back to her wearing pads within regular underwear during the day when she's up, which will delight her no end.
    I'm feeling good. She's feeling good. The Little Girl is no longer howling for her. Days are beginning at a reasonable time and, I expect, will end at a reasonable time, as well, for her, anyway. This is like a dream come true.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?