Monday, August 9, 2004

 

I took a nap again today...

...it was wonderful. I awoke to an impending storm so I've been drinking coffee and entering test results. I'm nowhere near finished but I've entered two of her imaging exams, as listed below:
CT Head W/O Contrast: 8/1/04
Ultra Sound Carotid Duplex - Bilateral: 8/2/04
    Both of these tests relate to the search for reasons for Mom's sudden and somewhat more than mild right side weakness. The overall diagnosis, as I understand it from reading and thinking about these tests, is that Mom is "suffering" slow brain atrophy with no more than normal danger of loose plaque related stroking. No aneurysm or evidence of any. She is simply doing what we cannot yet reliably prevent Ancient Ones from doing: Aging, slowly but surely. She is not, however, suffering her aging.
    I've done none of the business I intended. Haven't even called Mom. I don't think she'll miss my call. I did try to call her, as she asked, last night, but she wasn't answering her phone. She probably wasn't listening for it, may have been asleep, thus she wouldn't have heard it, or maybe heard it in a dream. I hope it triggered images of me in her dream.
    Although she claims not to dream often she does, voluptuously. I know this because of the descriptions of fragments of dreams she relates to me. At least twice a week she awakens remembering a dream. The images can be all over the map but are most often images of houses and people from childhood or from Guam where she spent the most time raising her family and plying her longest career. She still obliquely dreams, of house plans, but not as often as she used to.
    Tests and dreams. Hmmmm...well, expect more posts like this in the next several days.
    I suppose I should check in with the nurses' station. I probably will later. Then again, maybe I'll wait and see what surprises my mother has in store for me tomorrow.
    Later, after more test input, I'm sure.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?