Monday, August 9, 2004

 

All imaging tests done by the hospital for which I received results...

...are entered, both independently and on the Mom's Tests Table of Contents. The two newest ones are listed below:
Chest View 1: 8/2/04
Electrocardiogram: 8/2/04
    I noticed, by the way, in the CT Head W/O Contrast that the reason given for the exam was "pain". In fact, my mother almost never had pain during her hospital stay, and when she did it was transient and environmental, related to sitting in strange positions on a bed for hours at a time. I remember several times in the ER when she was asked if she had pain, she did not. Perhaps this "reason" is the best one under which to get Medicare/TriCare to pay for that test.
    The overall impression I get from the latest two entries into her imaging history is that, at this time, she has not injured her back although it is more debilitated than before and her heart is good, old but good for its age and what my mother has put it through. Mild heart disease. No reason to expect a sudden heart attack but no reason not to consider her heart a candidate for a "natural causes/old age" death, either.
    I still have several blood tests, some of which are contained in a four test comparison, and some urinalyses to enter. I will probably begin tonight but probably won't complete entry for a few days hence, although you never know, I feel intellectually ambitious and the cool, windy, rainy evening invites this kind of work.
    In case you're wondering, entering the results of my mother's tests, aside from creating a handy history for me, allows me to become familiar with their contents and think about what they mean in the context of all the stats I've recorded. Although it probably seems like tedious work, it isn't. I look forward to doing it and the process always tweaks my 3 dimensional mental hologram of my mother.
    I'm in the process of trying to decide what to have for dinner. I skipped lunch by napping.
    Maybe "another cup of coffee and another" few "piece"s of test entry, tonight.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?