Friday, July 2, 2004

 

When I was in the fifth grade...

...Mrs. Nave (really) told our class during a health lesson that lost sleep cannot be "made up". You lose it forever. At the time I wasn't in the habit of losing sleep so I don't know why I remember that particular and ambiguous nugget of information. I was reminded of it this morning, though, because my body, in flagrant disregard of The Sleep Rule, decided to make up my lost sleep.
    The moral is, when I want to awaken my mother significantly earlier than the previous day, I need to not trip the light fantastic longer than the available light. I woke up exactly an hour ago (I never use alarms unless I must awaken after what I expect to be less than six hours of sleep) and have been hustling to set up the house for Mom, something I typically do at night but figured I didn't need to do last night. Because, of course, I knew I'd be up early.
    Time to get her up and start the Niferex-150 regimen. I'm not sure what we'll be doing today. We could use a visit to the grocery but that won't be urgent until tomorrow. We could wander down to the square and people watch during the Frontier Days Arts and Crafts festival. I am disinclined to suggest any of these possibilities at the moment, as a lazy day seems more in order, maybe some walkering just for the practice in our driveway, but Mom actually walkers "better" when we're moving to a purpose other than practice. We'll see.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?