Sunday, July 11, 2004

 

Oh, one more thing, while she's in the bathroom...

...I noticed, and mentioned to her after lunch when she was smoking a few cigarettes that she becomes noticeably paler when she goes off the oxygen and smokes. I just mentioned it in passing but, surprisingly, she took note of this. Some minutes later when she was close to the end of the cigarette she'd been smoking when I mentioned this, she stubbed it out, reached for the oxygen cannula, slipped it on correctly without me having to coach her (a first), began examining the OCD that delivers canistered oxygen and asked, "Now, how, exactly, do I turn this thing on?"
    That's what I call amazing grace.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?