Friday, July 9, 2004

 

Oh Happy Day!

    I just picked up and entered the test results from yesterday's blood draw. Her hemoglobin is recovering nicely. Her hematocrit and a few other indicators are following behind. I'm very hopeful and believe that things are looking good. Her MCV is nicely normal now, a good sign. In addition, if the same range references had been used up here as in the Valley, her RBC would be considered within normal range, which is excellent. Her monocytes are up, however I think this is at this point okay. Heightened monocytes can be an indication of chronic inflammatory disorders, viral infections, parasites, and chronic ulcerative colitis. My guess, since her monocytes have been elevated for awhile and seem to have gone up rather than down but everything else looks good, is that she may have a low grade viral infection that her body is in the process of fighting. I'm not going to worry about this unless I get an indication from MCS or Mom's PCP that I need to. Her immune system is probably iffy right now anyway but we're working on everything so I think this will settle down shortly. Despite what her doctors may think I do not believe that her elevated monocytes are indicative of a chronic inflammatory disorder or chronic ulcerative colitis or, for that matter, parasites.
    It's just now 1000. Earlier, at a little before 0800, when I peaked in on her, Mom was up on her elbows but wanted a few more hours' sleep. We agreed on a 1000 awakening. Here I go. I'm sure I'll write more...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?