Tuesday, July 13, 2004

 

In case anyone is interested...

...in following up some of my research: It would be silly, and pretty close to impossible, for me to list all the sites I've hit in the past couple of weeks, but I thought I'd mention two.
  1. This first one is a sort of compendium that lists a wide variety of treatments and supplements, with links, to explore in regards to both diabetes types 1 and 2:
  2. It's always a good idea to look up a little independent discovery to see if there are reasons to question what one is learning. Bandolier is a good place to start. When I searched their site, sure enough, I found the following reason to be circumspect about aloe vera juice but it didn't discourage me from trying it. I did not, by the way, find anything there regarding alpha lipoic acid and coenzyme Q10 and their possible effects on diabetes:
    The reason I'm trying aloe vera juice before alpha lipoic acid and coenzyme Q10 is that red meat contains both and lately, because of her anemia, Mom's been consuming a fair amount of this in one form or another. As well, the research on coenzyme Q10 in regards to diabetes is uniformly considered to be inconclusive, despite the fact that people with type 2 diabetes often show lowered levels of it.
    No, I'm not ignoring the fact that some extra energy direction is involved in lowering my mother's blood glucose levels on behalf of her anemia. I'm just trying to help it along. Life is about energy and effort is a good way to focus energy. It's obvious to me, so far, that something besides glipizide is necessary, at least for the time being, even though her dependence on metformin seems to be declining. So I'm focusing my energy on finding the right companion for glipizide.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?