Saturday, July 10, 2004

 

2.  Hemoglobin X 3

    Although my mother's entire anemic profile has concerned me I've been especially concerned about her hematocrit, as it has seemed to me that it isn't rising as quickly as her hemoglobin. I expressed this to MCS and she explained the following: As a rule of thumb, hematocrit should be in the neighborhood of one's hemoglobin measurement X 3. Since Mom's hemoglobin on Thursday was 9.5 and 9.5 X 3 = 28.5, as MCS said, "She's right where she should be."
    I'm sure MCS has told me this before. I'm sure I've made notes on it. But if I don't enter it online I tend to forget the particular contents of my millions of notes.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?