Tuesday, March 16, 2004

 

So, the thumb issue is...

...my ambivalence about the business I do on behalf of my mother. The more I become involved with the business world the more I hate it and I wasn't loving it when I knew nothing about doing business. My thumb and index fingers are my "business" fingers; and injury as a result of massaging my mother's feet incorrectly, well, take my word for it, that fits, too. So, I mentioned to the acupuncturist today, once again during a pause in treatment, that although it was pretty much hand hell this last week and I lived on ibuprofen and, by the way, my feet pain is creeping back but the shoulder seems secure. This, I explained, gave me a chance to reflect upon what the underlying emotional issue was and, interestingly, it is a recalcitrant issue. I didn't go into detail and she didn't offer encouragement so, I don't know, maybe it doesn't matter. I do know I was webbed, once again, in a grip so tight movement zapped me, and she found precisely my tender spots. As well, as she did the vocal part of her treatment in which she, literally, speaks notes into the air, she mentioned that a pathogen, probably the recalcitrant one, reseeded in several different places. Cagey little issue. Anyway, after an extended, corrected treatment, everything seems to be falling back into place. Maybe it will help if I work on reducing my discomfort about my internal (and, often, external) conflict with capitalistic business, enlightened 2004 business and not worry about my actual hatred of business.
    Our "fruitless plum" that's been allowed to shake itself off for 3 years is loaded with blossoms. It looks like a cherry tree and there are more to bloom. Looking through our modified cathedral windows into the beflowered branches to the sky I feel like I'm in Japan. Or maybe D.C. The enormity and lackidaisity of the beauty here is so seductive and we live in the perfect house for it to lure Mom. She did not accompany me today. She is fully aware that MPS and my MPNC are arriving tomorrow and is sleeping her way into it by imagining the exhaustion she probably won't feel. She's so funny! So, I let her get away with it. Her treatment yesterday, for her, was a deep workout and she is sitting straighter and rising with less and less self-consciousness.
    I purchased only one more rose bush. My mother's specific request was to only get another if I could find a "bright red" one. I found the only one left, "Passionate", a 3.5" "bright red" bloom. It will dazzle in the sun in 7-8 weeks. We will be outside all day tomorrow. The weather will be beautiful. Mom insists she is going to "do yardwork". Whatever. She'll certainly be "doing" in the yard. This is the perfect time of year for her up here. The hotter it gets the cooler the back yard is in relation to the house. I'm hoping the promise of roses, with which we've never had much luck in Mesa, will take away some of the sting of losing our in-their-prime citrus, which she isn't forgetting, when we divest ourselves of the mobile home. Our mated woodpecker pair is back, has brought what appears to be a child and I've noticed a few other pairs in yonder Ponderosa. I spotted, first by song then by sight, a Robin; I didn't think those nested here. MCF spotted the oddest, dusky green bird the size of a cactus wren (which is to say, tiny). Something ferocious is chomping away at a very woody plant in our side yard. Maybe javelina. Something else is sharpening its teeth on our compromised apple tree. Every morning there are fresh raccoon prints in our wash, which is still running, which means the water table is high. Our elms are multiplying like rabbits and need to be thinned. Our pear needs its protective elm to lose a few limbs to the light. When she's in the yard my mother is very keen on remembering what we have and what the possibilities are. This will be our first attentive spring here. It will be interesting to see what this does for her, hmmm... quality of life and health and everything in general.
    It will be a busy night, including doing her hair. She'll be up past eleven, maybe even midnight. I'm somewhat refreshed, having coffee, letting her sleep while I relax and stretch and roll my head. Tonight would be a good night to order fast food, and she could use some sodium. Much to do.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?