Friday, March 19, 2004

 

Mom's appointment today...

...was very interesting. The treatment consisted of a lot of what I would refer to as rolling joint body work and stretching. The LPT performed some obvious realignment but also did a series of very gentle rocking and rolling movements (with and without props) with Mom's limbs and back that reminded me of when I get down on the floor almost every night, sometimes in the middle of the day, and roll my joints against the floor, moving with and against the manipulation, stand up and 'shake myself out', literally, then do the floor joint rolling again, adding stretching. I could feel in my joints what the LPT was doing to my mother as I watched her work.
    My mother spot-dozed throughout the treatment. She was attentive when she needed to be but, as is typical of her, very relaxed throughout as far as I could tell.
    Previous to the treatment the LPT noticed that my mother was negotiating uneven ground surprisingly well as we walked to her door. I was surprised, too. After the treatment the LPT mentioned to me that she had been performing some neck work on my mother. I noticed her working my mother's neck very lightly. Sometimes I wasn't sure her fingers were moving. She mentioned that the area between my mother's shoulders and the base of her skull is the area that is most obviously blocked. I'm not surprised. As my mother arose from the platform the LPT talked a bit about what she was doing in terms of Mom having confidence in her legs and their ability to hold her up. She does weave. It has been slowly but steadily disappearing but it started prior to her back injury. Through this treatment I can see (and rejoice each time I notice) that many of her physical quirks that have created movement issues and energy issues over the last few years are being addressed. I am very, very grateful for this.
    She did not take a nap today after treatment, although treatment was late today, 1400. Our next one is either 1500 or 1530 a week from today. Although I was surprised she didn't nap, she mentioned when we got home and she exited from the car that she felt as though she'd "had a workout". She did. When the LPT stopped she said, "I think that's as far as I want to go today," and looked at my mother as though she might have hoped for better but was satisfied with the greater understanding of my mother's body she gained.
    I have plans for this weekend...plans to start some things and finish some others, plans to get my mother out and away from the house at least once, plans to do some yardwork. I've begun a compost bin of sorts and am tending with what will probably turn out to be over solicitous care to our new roses. Plans to finish getting all our tax stuff together and getting it down to MA Monday...plans, plans, plans. Plans that can turn on a dime.
    I baked the blueberry muffins tonight but decided against using Splenda®. Previous to mixing the muffins I made myself a cup of blueberry tea, which I normally sweeten with a well coated teaspoon of honey. I decided to try it with a low rounded table teaspoon of Splenda® to allow myself a preview of how the muffins would taste and how little to use. I don't care what they say. Splenda tastes like saccharine, just a lighter version. The tea was sweetened more than enough and had such a harsh edge that I dumped it down the drain. It tasted so synthetic I decided not to add the teabag to the composting material. I think I've finally got the altitude adjustment down. 375°F, 15-16 minutes, follow the fucking recipe as closely as possible.
    Damn, I'm tired. Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?