Monday, March 22, 2004

 

Home Buildout in anticipation of Mom's arising has occurred...

...down to doling out all the medication I can without taking her blood sugar. My energy is high and should be higher shortly, as I am just beginning my second cup of The Strongest Coffee In The Universe. I've been making lists for both necessities and pleasures, checking off in my mind the business I shouldn't put off (although I'm probably going to put it off until tonight or tomorrow morning) and, and, and, I can't seem to bring myself to awaken Mom even though I sense she would be amenable to arising now. The entire house is open. A cool breeze is wafting through. She kicked off her comforter sometime before she began to shed water. I can smell urine but cannot see a sheet stain or a pajama top stain so she must have only begun to overflow. This is an excellent sign. Maybe allowing her to sleep despite my lack of approving has been good for her. I've been worried, since she does not have a bladder or kidney infection, whether falling flat on her back bruised or in some other way traumatized her bladder and/or kidneys. Maybe the default rest they've gotten over the weekend and may get today, if my personal greed for time "alone" wins out over my serious wondering about how deleterious any more sleep would be for her, has been and will continue to be healing for any internal injuries. The abdominal ultrasound showed that her left kidney was some 4 cm larger than the right. Even taking into consideration that organs in one's body do not match, maybe some of the larger size is due to some swelling.
    She was well hydrated when she retired last night. So well hydrated I counseled her not to drink anymore if she could help it, which, of course, she can always help. Although she slept a lot yesterday I relentlessly pushed liquids on her of all types and made sure she had a high sodium dinner. I decided against giving her Detrol in order to allow her body to wash the fluid through and out. Maybe, though, finally, her body is incorporating some of it. Deja vu. Didn't I say something similar in here not too long ago? Well, days fade into one another here in The Land of the Ancient Ones. It is sometimes hard to remember what was previously said in favor of what feels as though it needs to be said now.
    More time "alone". I'm voting for more time "alone". Right now.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?