Thursday, February 26, 2004

 

Today was, well, damn, it started out good...

...and went very bad very fast. Yes, it was me. It was so bad I've been spending the last more-than-a-few hours doing miscellaneous cleaning, and, if you know me, you know I don't believe most miscellaneous cleaning is necessary. The evening has been chilly. My treat. It kept Mom up but much the same way it's keeping The Girls (our cats, for new readers) up; out of wariness.
    So, I'm guiltily savoring some time alone, right now, and will probably issue at least two posts, tonight, maybe more.
    I think I'll do blood sugars and menu repetition now. Maybe describe and dissect the day in a second post. By the way, please note, much of this reportage is for me. I'm hoping it will help me determine if cinnamon is a viable alternative to at least part of her metformin.
    Okay. Going backwards.    I'm recording here, for reference, her blood sugar readings for yesterday although I'm not sure I remember what we ate. If I remember I'll record it. I know she ingested approximately 1 tsp cinnamon throughout February 24th and continued the guaifenex, as she did today. She was also administered 500 mg metformin at each meal:
Dinner: 72
Lunch: No reading taken
Breakfast: 93

    I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow; in several ways, not the least of which is her blood sugar.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?