Saturday, February 21, 2004

 

More Excellent News!

    These are the stats:
Breakfast
Blood Glucose 45 minutes previous to breakfast: 127
Meal:
    1 egg, over hard, fried on a dry non-stick skillet
    2 slices lean, thick sliced Hormel sugar cured bacon
    8 ounces O.J. diluted with 8 oz. water
    8 ounces instant decaf coffee
    1 slice potato bread w/1.5 tbl Fleishmann's margarine and 1/4 teaspoon powdered cinnamon
Morning Medication:
    10 mg glipizide 45 mins previous to breakfast
    425 mg metformin with breakfast
    17 ml Floradix (17 mg elemental iron from ferrous gluconate)
    5 mg lisinopril
Morning Supplements:
    400 IU Vitamin E
    1,000 mg Vitamin C
    400 mcg Folic Acid
    1,250 mg Garlic
    Multivitamin for Seniors
Post Meal Supplement:
    4 oz. unadulterated Cranberry Juice in 10 oz. water

Lunch
Note: 4h 40 min past breakfast; nothing ingested between except water and decaf instant coffee
Blood Glucose: 97
Meal:
    12 oz. V-8 juice with 1/4 tsp powdered cinnamon
        [My mother's comment: "Mmmm...good! What's in this?"]
    8 oz. 4% fat cottage cheese dotted with lots of black pepper.
    2/3 of a 1.5 oz. bag of microwave popcorn, regular style

    Her joints are bothering her. The sky's been threatening all day but hasn't yet delivered. She's been up for quite awhile. We watched a movie, played some Sorry, talked some while I cleaned, overall she's been more tired than usual but didn't decide to take a nap until just about 15 minutes ago. I wasn't surprised. What surprised me is that she didn't try to get me to let her go back to bed right after breakfast. It wouldn't have worked but during breakfast I thought that might have been where we were headed. She was having trouble focusing even though she'd seemed perfectly energetic during her arising routine. I could tell it wasn't that she couldn't, it was that she didn't want to; she didn't think she had the energy.
    She hasn't been in the best of moods, either...more of a "rats leaving a sinking ship" mood. She's snipped at the sky, then swung around toward me and said, with as much snide as she could muster, "I know, you like this. Just like your father."
    She enjoyed the movie, Moonlight Mile even though I didn't know what it was about going into it so couldn't prep her. I got it because of the cast. Typically, as my mother reminds me, my chances of getting something she might like are 50/50. This one struck some kind of chord although a different one, I suspect, than the producers intended. At the end of the movie she said, "Now, didn't somebody die or something?"
    "Yeah. That young guy's fiance. She was shot."
    "Did we ever see her?"
    "Well, sort of yes, sort of no. You could have missed her."
    "Well, I liked the movie but I don't see the point of the shooting."
    Just before lunch she thought she'd be ready for another movie, as she'd moved her bowels and, as usual, her energy soared (relative term). But, for Mom, at least, Lost in Translation isn't an after-lunch-on-a-hellish-weather-and-my-knees-hurt day movie.
    Maybe...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?