Sunday, January 25, 2004

 

I think today is going to be an active posting day...

...and a stream of consciousness posting day.
    It started snowing as I headed out on my one small errand. By the time I turned around at the other edge of town and looked toward our area in the elevated Thumb Butte foothills I was in a snow flurry watching an angry cloud encase the side of town where we live. It's certainly cold enough to stick and had begun to do so by the time I got home.
    I headed in to wake up Mom but she was dreaming. I hate to disturb her dreams. I'll check her again in a bit. I rationalize that I'm doing her no harm because she was up until midnight last night. At any rate, I'm sure she won't be napping once she's up. We're doing her hair today. This will be an all day pleasure trip for her. Me bathing her and lotioning her in the morning also feels good to her. We're set for the day.
    I'd love it if she awoke to a winter wonderland. That happened once last week. She'd just begun the sleep cycle of a nap as a snow storm came on and crystalized our anyway-magnificent view. I was compelled by the beauty to awaken her even though she'd been down less than half an hour. Daylight was fading and I wasn't sure how visible the transformation would be through windows into the dark. It was fine. She was thrilled and remained awake from that point on. She says she's not a fan of snow but in a truly picturesque area like Prescott even snow is a treat.
    Excuse me. The sun just "came out" in force. I can't see my screen and need to change my position. Damn. Maybe our weather is going to clear. Too bad.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?