Sunday, January 4, 2004

 

Good Morning!

    To honor my intention of once again keeping up regularly with this journal, although I haven't yet awakened my mother and intend to soon, I wanted to post in Section 2 of Mom & Me Too.
    I'm a bit vague about whether I should be letting Mom sleep in so long. I checked her at 0800. That would have been a perfect time to awaken her from the vantage point of water shed. It hadn't begun...thus, I would not need to basin bathe her from head to toe, a chore neither of us likes or appreciates. But she was breathing so deeply and sleeping so peacefully. She didn't appear to be dreaming but good sleep isn't necessarily dream sleep.
    I'm curious to see how active she'll feel and be today; how much of her surprisingly recent muscular weakness will be evident. It's a beautiful, sunny day. It might make it into the mid-50's. I started talking up today's walk last night.
    Even on a bad day she does well using the wheel chair as a walker. It forces her to walk smoothy, makes it hard to do anything but walk smoothly, in fact. It painlessly keeps her back straight and gives her some exercise, both aerobic and kinesthetic. She walks much more easily pushing the wheelchair than she ever would with a walker. Certainly much better than she does without help or with me. Someone should consider redesigning the walker to be more like a wheelchair and rebuild it to double as a mini shopping cart whether the owner is in or out of the seat.
    I can hear the heavy breathing and light coughing that indicate she is rousing. I keep her eastern facing window open during the winter, in part to help heat her room and in part to trigger the dawn phenomenon so she'll rouse naturally. Although I don't have hard and fast proof, it seems as though her "better" days usually begin either at her initiation or when she is awakened because of a pending appointment.
    Laying in bed last night, I decided this might be a good time to attempt to redesign the logo, update the look and, if I like it, if it doesn't come out looking too cheesy, post it up there in the upper left hand corner. My mother's looks haven't changed from the neck up, and not much from the neck down, but mine have from the neck up.
    Ohhh, I've missed this. I can barely tear myself away. I wish I was twins or triplets and could multi-task on this site, get a lot of the clean-up and moving around done, post regularly, and tend to my mother.
    Ahh...the forecast is 44 but calm. The sun is intense up here, especially in our driveway. Should be a good day for a walk, with plenty of covering. Supposedly, it's 27 at the moment. Funny, it didn't seem that cold walking this morning.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?